Re-chassis for Hornby/Dapol Pug

I'd like to improve the running of a Dapol Pug ... Does anyone know of a chassis kit? Though, if I'm ever going to scratchbuild a chassis, I suppose this is where to start ;)

David Wrexham

Reply to
david

Hi David,

Is the problem that you're experiencing to do with sticking running over points?

If so then I'd consider replacing the points with some with more metal. Some of the older points have large dead plastic sections which may cause problems particularly with 0-4-0s.

I vaguely recall an discussion of an issue a while back pertaining to the particular length of the pug wheelbase and the certain points.

Personally I'd avoid trying to build a new chassis for one of the smallest commercially availiable OO models. You're still only going to have 4 wheels to get a pickup from. If traction (and hence weight) the problem, then magnetic wheels may be an option.

In any case scratchbuilding with a kit is nothing short of cheating!

Craig

Reply to
Craig Douglas

Craig The issue isn't the 4-wheel pickup problem; I have other locos (a Craftsman diesel 02 shunter, for example) which run ok ... and I use Peco Electrofrog points which helps, as you say. It's the unreal speed that bugs me. David

Reply to
David N

I think that Branchlines do a replacement chassis for it. I don't have a copy of their advert to hand, so cant check.

Reply to
John Ruddy

Are you sure the problem isn't your controller,I dont have any problem with its speed.

Neil.

Reply to
mumbles