Bachmann 2005 new release predictions

I was looking at the photo and quoting out of the reference (page 50 / 51 of BR Fleet Survey - No. 8 DMU first generation, Ian Allan).....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

":::Jerry::::" wrote

Got to say I can't wait for a blue AND a blue/grey 108.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Rich Mackin" wrote

That's true but the very similar class 114 did carry South Yorkshire Transport chocolate & cream livery see

whilst

shows a 108 in WYPTE MetroTrain blue/grey livery.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Sullivan" wrote

I'd settle for a wholesale re-issue of the Bachmann Mk1s in maroon - I could have sold eight of the buggers to one chappie today! So what have they got in the immediate pipeline? Mk1s in ........... wait for it ........ Network South East livery!

Guess someone somewhere will buy some!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Ruddy" wrote

And only a handful of the

I don't recall Bath ever been part of the Southern?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Don't know about the 108 or 9F, but Bachmann told me several years ago when they were preparing the 4MT 2-6-4 that it was their intention to do a Fairburn version.

Graham Plowman

Reply to
gppsoftware

What's wrong with green?

I think it compares well with the grimy excesses of Rail Blue or LU silver (look at that horror movie poster), let alone some of the more recent toddler-designed stuff and WAGN - I think - grey. I'm sure it may cause bad memories for steam lovers though, and the very early loco scheme can make a bad design look even worse.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Dickerson

Bath Green Park was part of the Southern Region. The Western Region gradually took over and ran down the S&D.

Reply to
John Ruddy

"John Ruddy" wrote

Yes, 71G in 1955 - my apologies. For some strange reason I thought it was part of BR(MR) before it was switched to the Swindonites.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

wrote

The class 108 dmu has been the least well guarded secret in years.

Other than that, if you believed everything which Bachmann claimed they were going to do, the list would be longer than any of us would have time to read.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

There had been two sheds at Bath, the S&DJR one and a Midland one . This latter was a sub-shed of Barton Road- I suspect the two had been combined for operational purposes long before Nationalisation Brian

Reply to
BH Williams

The answer to a reader's query in the last Bachmann club magazine categorically ruled out a Standard Class 3 2-6-2t

(kim)

Reply to
kim

They weren't very widely used. Class 2 were seen all over the country, and class 4 almost as widely. So there is a much bigger market.

I would like to see a class 3 though - if only for the fact that it used a modified Churchward number 4 boiler.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

Indeed. Prior to natiolisation, Bath (as well as Templecombe and Branksome) was actually a Midland shed (I forget the actual code - I think Ivo Peters mentions it in one of his books) but on Nationalisation, the entire S&D was turned over to the Southern Region, with the stock being "on loan" from the LMR - hence Stanier class 5's, Bulldog 3F's Jinty's, etc running down the S&D.

Reply to
John Ruddy

Was it ruled out merely for this year, or for ever? It would fill a gap in the Standard engines, and as a BR(S) modeller, I have to admit to a personal wish here, as at one point over half the 45 members of the class were based on the Southern.

Reply to
John Ruddy

On the SR, you could see them anywhere from Waterloo on empty stock movements to as far west as Bude and Launceston, as well as on the East Devon brnaches.

Reply to
John Ruddy

Nothing quite the opposite ... my ambiguous grammar, the "no" was my answer to the previous poster's suggestion, "green" being mine.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Not bad, John, as Jason from Windmill Junction Models has just reported back from the Toy Fair with the following:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Windmill Junction" To: Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 9:46 PM Subject: Windmill Junction - Bachmann Update

All look tempting, especially the railfreight 20s, the 108s and the steam loco's, but I'm intrigued by the Fairburn "261". Could this have been a typo or was there such a loco?

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

I'll be interested to see what kind of mechanism and how they hide it.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"There are no plans at present for Bachmann to produce a '3MT' class tank locomotive , though it may be a possibility for the long term". My own interest was for a Stanier 3P 2-6-2t of which almost as many examples were produced and since they often served as station pilots they would be recognised by many more people than the big passenger expresses with which the big manufacturers seem to be obsessed.

(kim)

Reply to
kim