Bachmann container due 17/7/07

The following Bachmann OO-scale items are reported to be included in a
container due to arrive in the UK on 17/7/07.
32-825
32-826
32-827
32-040DS
32-801
32-800
John.
Reply to
John Turner
Hi John
Any word yet on Bachmann A-1 (part number 32-557) "#60144 Kings Courier"?
Regards
Steve Magee Newcastle NSW Aust
Reply to
Steve
Hi John, Any news on the blue 47's? Is that the next container shipment? How much are you doing them for?
Cheers,
Rob.
Reply to
Robert Wilson
Ian J. said the following on 18/06/2007 20:14:
If you really do RC, then you really do need to get out more :-)
Reply to
Paul Boyd
;-)
Actually, I looked them up first on the net, but wasn't sure if I got the last two right or not.
Ian J.
Reply to
Ian J.
But why in green again? Do green diesels really sell that much better than blue? It's the same with the 47 - green first and no blue version due until the back-end of the year.
Ah well. I'll just have to wait.
Adrian
Reply to
Adrian
"Kevin" wrote
I'm hoping I've got enough on order to both satisfy advance orders and the likely sales for the next couple of months. However, there are only something like 500 coming into the country. I suspect the demand for sound decoders is an issue, and that Bachmann cannot get enough.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
"Adrian" wrote
Because there is still a large demand for the green sound-equipped class 20. Now people have seen & heard the original models, there is an increased interest.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
"Robert Wilson" wrote
The following are all scheduled for August 2007 release:-
32-800 CLASS 47 DIESEL D1500 TWO TONE GREEN HALF YELLOW ENDS 4 DIGIT HEAD CODE 32-800DS CLASS 47 DIESEL 47404 BR BLUE YELLOW ENDS MARKER LIGHT H/CODE (DCC SOUND) 32-801 CLASS 47 DIESEL 1764 TWO TONE GREEN FULL YELLOW ENDS 4 DIGIT HEAD CODE 32-802 CLASS 47 DIESEL 47035 BR BLUE FULL YELLOW ENDS DOMINO HEAD CODE 32-803 CLASS 47 DIESEL 47148 BR BLUE YELLOW END 4 DIGIT HEAD CODE( EX DOMINO TYPE)
We generally discount Bachmann products by 15%, sometimes more on the higher value items.
John, 53A Models, Hull.
Reply to
John Turner
I don't doubt that for a minute, but is there more residual demand for the green 20 that there would be people waiting for a blue one?
From memory, when the 20 was first released by Bachmann, there were blue and green versions available simultaneously. Likewise when the 40 was first produced. Perhaps your average rail-blue fan, who is likely to be in their 30s or 40s are less likely to have as much disposable income to fund the more expensive sound-equipped versions.
Adrian
Reply to
Adrian
"Adrian" wrote
Difficult to say, but Bachmann never intended doing a sound-equipped blue model this year, and I assume they are milking the market for green examples whilst they can.
One of my customers bought TWO green sound 20s and immediately swapped bodies for blue ones from his existing fleet. All you need to do is remove the fan detail below the roof grill and the blue body is then a straight swap.
OK so I know this will not be an option for many people, but it was for him. I provided a new home for his new green bodies to update my older green 20s.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
Or maybe don't like the idea of sound at all! Even when I was a kid I hated model railways with sound - Weymouth sea front was the worst... (and no points!).
Richard
Reply to
beamendsltd

Site Timeline