MRE Mag

Is it just me, or has there not been an update to MRE Mag today? Normally if there is a day where an issue is not posted to the site, Pat will post a message the day before.

Reply to
John Ruddy

I've checked a few times during the day and no update, so I guess it's not just you!

Hopefully back to normal soon!

Reply to
Mike Kerslake

Presumably a manufacturer has announced a ready-to-run 00 Blue Pullman, so there is no further need for MRE Mag?

-- Liar Neverland

Reply to
demodellers

Logged on sunday morning and got "The page cannot be displayed"

Reply to
Nibbod

Hi All MRE Mag Now updated for Friday I logged this morn Sunday 23rd all OK my end !!

All the best Steve

Reply to
The Parkys

Hi All,

Excuse my ignorance but what is MRE? and can someone post a link to it if it is worth looking at? ta!

Eddie.

Reply to
Edward Bray

"Edward Bray" wrote

and judge for yourself. I remember it's there when others mention it.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Thanks John,

I've bookmarked it and will have a look later.

Eddie.

Reply to
Edward Bray

Lately it seems to have become the depositry for endless complaints from the flat earth brigade about web site design.

Frames, flash and java script are apparently the devil's sputum along with anything DCC....

Worth a laugh sometimes, occasionally there is even something useful on there. The motto there though is that Heljan are the devils little helpers and Bachmann can do no wrong!

Regards John M Upton

My Fotopic Collections: South Central/Southern, Model Railway & Other Rail Pictures:

Bus Pics:
My Online Novels:

JMUpton2000

I'm not following the above comment. Surely MREMag is no worse than any other forum, that is it depends entirely on whatever people feel like writing about, rather like this newsgroup. It seems to be well edited and without the rancour that mars many hobbyist forums. Therefore I don't understand why it attracts your contemptuous comments.

With regard to website doodads, some of MREMag's contributors don't like them, and some do. The editor has allowed those who wish to do so to express their views, then terminated the thread as being off-topic. Seems sensible to me.

As far as I can determine, and I have no axe to grind, Pat Hammond is hard working, fair, and sincere. He doesn't deserve this kind of unworthy trashing of his efforts.

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

Seconded..... I read it daily except when I travel. Its nice to see a forum that stays on topic somewhat. Kind of an alternative to this one, although this is a daily read also, with much learnt and appreciated. As I live in the US of F&*(ing A, without these forums I would of been screwed. Thanks all Rob

Reply to
Rob Kemp

G'day All, How can you blame Pat for allowing Free Speech. This is one of our last remaining values. Pat Hammond has a love & enthusiasm for Model Trains that most of us wish that had. Pat has done the collecting side of this hobby, a great service through his Editorship of the now defunct Magazine then his series of Books of Triang & Hornby and also the eMagazine. From an Aussie, Keep up the Good Work Pat. Please. Thank You Graeme Hearn Phone 61 2 69 203 726 snipped-for-privacy@bigpond.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve W" Newsgroups: uk.rec.models.rail Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 9:21 AM Subject: Re: MRE Mag

Reply to
Graeme Hearn

totally agree, its the best read of the day.

Reply to
Piemanlarger

In article , Graeme Hearn writes

Thanks Graeme, Steve, Rob and Simon for your kind comments. However, the success of MREmag (with 1,800-2,000 readers per day) is the readers themselves who write most of it and keep the topics coming.

I took up the job on retirement to keep me out of trouble. Now my wife wants to know when I am going to retire again!

Pat

Hammond Publishing, PO Box 199, Scarborough, YO11 3GT, Tel: 01723 506326, E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@mremag.demon.co.uk

Read 'Model Railway Express' Britain's leading and FREE online magazine for railway modellers. Updated DAILY with approximately 2,000 daily readers. News, Model Reviews, Book Reviews, Articles, Classified Ads. You will find us at

Pat Hammond

Hi Pat As you know Pat I contribute to your "GREAT" site from time to time, the info you get and share with us is can I say this "The dog's hanging bit's" as Graeme Hearn said "Keep up the Good Work Pat". Sorry Pat tell your wife there will be no retirement we will not let you !!!! From one of the 1,800-2,000 readers you get every day all the best . Steve Parkinson.

Read 'Model Railway Express' Britain's leading and FREE online magazine for railway modellers. Updated DAILY with approximately 2,000 daily readers. News, Model Reviews, Book Reviews, Articles, Classified Ads. You will find us at

The Parkys

Your site is a priority daily read for me too, and the news of new and forthcoming releases is great.

However, I have just tried to access the site this afternoon after a hard day, only to find a 404-style not found error from Demon.

Have you exceeded your bandwidth? Or not paid your monthly subs?

There are many of us out there suffering from withdrawal symptoms.

And I dont mind if people like Heljan products, at least they are a vast improvement in no products at all. I remember seeing the 47 a few years ago for the first time at Warley, and thinking "at last, a manufacturer has released a product that actually looks like the real thing looks like to me".

I dont care if the drivers door is 1mm too wide on any model, or the roof grilles are slightly underscale. If it looks right enough to me, then I will buy it.

Reply to
crazy_horse_12002

Not working again, thursday circa 8.30pm

Reply to
Nibbod

Yes, getting a page not found error now. I look forward to reading the site, as it often provides news not available elsewhere, and reading peoples views are always interesting - even if I dont always agree with them! Isn't it funny how you only know how important something is until you miss it!

Reply to
John Ruddy

"John Turner" wrote

This is not intended to be critical of the site incidentally, I personally don't find it of much use because I get the same information directly from the manufacturers.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Yes, but isn't that the point of the site? You are in a 'priviledged' position, whereas us ordinary punters are not.

So, we go to Pat's site to get similar information, and also to let off steam, as it were, on a forum that is moderated and is like a magazine correspondence, except we dont have to wait a month or twp for replies, and it is free, apart from the cost of the internet connection.

Reply to
crazy_horse_12002