baby deltic?

Stumpy deltic more like...

I reckon this is a cut & shut on a lima 31 chassis... better check thelog book before you buy :o)

Reply to
Feebo

My word that's pointless! Who would do such a thing and why?

Guy

--

"To every complex problem there is a solution which is simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Lima !

Read the text. It's a very bad photo of the utter crap that Lima called a N gauge Deltic model....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

You mean Lima released it like that?

Maybe he should 'weather' it. At least that way it would be unique and would be guaranteed to undergo a dramatic rise in price in future years ;-)

Reply to
crazy_horse_12002

but it has been butchered as well... commonwealth bogies (class 31 methinks) and 3 extractor fans on't roof

Reply to
Feebo

It's Lima deltic which has been shortened to fit on a 31 chassis. Which begs the question "why??!"

One guess is that it dates from the dark days pre-1981 before Farish started producing modern image stock. Perhaps an attempt to get a little variety with the pitiful amount of RTR there was back then.

Reply to
Adam

well they where over scale to start with. must be a big baby

Reply to
Trev