Re Baseboards

Thanks for all replies regarding baseboards, have decided to go with 6mm Ply with cork tiles for surface to lay track on, can anyone confirm that to use track pins (peco ?) I just need to predrill holes using mini drill (size ?) then pin, surely the pins will bend unless the ply is predrill, but if it is drilled the length of the track pin the pin will not grip ?

Reply to
dunstable.dasher

Try smaller diameter holes!

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Good for holding the track temporarily while you lay it out. For permanance, it should be ballasted and the pins removed.

Reply to
MartinS

I tried twice to send you details of my lightweight, easy to build plywood baseboard system, but your mailbox was full both times.

If you are still interested let me know and I will try again - after you have emptied your mailbox.

dunstable.dasher wrote:

Reply to
Dick Ganderton

6mm ply is OK for a table top style construction, however for L girder or open grid style construction you are better off using 12mm or thicker ply. Generally the thicker the plywood, the less support it needs, and it is less likely to warp.
Reply to
Terry Flynn

Dick,

Are details of your system available in the public domain, ie on the Internet or in a book? I for one would be most interested to see.

db.

Reply to
Dirk Belcher

Someone did put the details on their website, but I cannot remember who.

Jum Guthrie also has some details on his website.

However, I will send you the deatils.

Dirk Belcher wrote:

Reply to
Dick Ganderton

Just realised that you don't give your e-mail address. Let me have it and I will send you the details.

snipped-for-privacy@graskop.demon.co.uk

Dirk Belcher wrote:

Reply to
Dick Ganderton