Next year, 11% unimployment!!!!

Just watched McLaughlin group, my favorite TV talk show. He predicts 11% unemployment for next year. Problem is, his predictions has been very accurate in the past.
Unimployment is 6.6% at present. JS
Protagonist wrote:

There's the best reason to NOT watch the show!

You almost sound happy, you knucklehead
--

Regards,
Steve Saling

Were very busy. I put in over 60 hours this week.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Were very busy. I put in over 60 hours this week.
You own a one man shop? I belive it! JS
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

I work for a tiny little company based in San Diego, CA that has a few patents.

So, you mean, your tiny company is the measure for the hole US economy? That's why the gov. have to spend $700 billions, taxpayers money to avoid recession or even depression? You are not very bright! JS

It's a measure of what kind of company can survive these troubled times.

Perhaps but I'm smart enough to know that machining job shops don't need parametric-history based modeling when a far better solution exists:
http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/i-want-an-easier-faster-better-cad-tool /
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

So far, you only felt the quake, tsunami hasn't hit in yet. Watch out for next year! JS

I survived what happened to the machining market after 9-11 and I'll survive whatever happens next year.

This is another 9/11, an economical one!
In a speech before parliament on Thursday, German Finance Minister Peer Steinbrck said the effects of the financial markets crisis would be felt in economies and labor markets worldwide for years to come. "The world will never be the same as it was before the crisis," the Social Democrat said, adding," the US will lose its status as the superpower of the global financial system."
He blamed the current crisis partly on Wall Street's "blind drive for double-digit profits" and massive bonuses for executives and bankers. He also called for greater regulation in financial markets and a ban on short-selling, and he suggested a role for the International Monetary Fund as a global markets watchdog. He said the unbridled "race for profits" had to be stopped, and that banks should only be able to conduct high risk transactions if they have sufficient capital resources and they report the risks in their balance sheets.
"An American Problem"
The minister reiterated his rejection of calls from Washington for Germany to create a bailout fund for failing financial institutions based on the US model. With a proposed $700 billion bailout package, the US government is hoping to stop the banking crisis. "More than anything, the finance market is an American problem," Steinbrck said.
He also accused the US of serious failures, saying the Americans had been hesitant to introduce stricter rules requiring larger capital reserves at banks. "The US is the source of the crisis and it is the focus of the crisis," he said. The finance minister also blamed an investment banking system that had not been sufficiently regulated, as well as supervisory bodies in the US that were deeply fragmented. "In large parts, this system is insufficiently regulated, and now it is falling apart," he said.
http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,580501,00.html

ummm, 9-11 was a foriegn terrorist attack, not much could've been done to pervent that, the current market meltdown is the result of a domestic stupidity attack

If you have the skills the demand will still be there if you know how to market yourself.
If you're like Kriss Hogg (DrollTroll, Mr. PV.), can't use a CADCAM system and lie about your machining skills then you're in deep "s".
Here is an example of Kriss Hogg lying:
http://www.aperfectdealer.com/nbnews/fall_04_vol3/story4.html
"Kristofer Hogg... has an extensive background in machining and manufacturing processes."
Kriss Hogg has never held a job in a machine shop.
Kriss Hogg has never gone to trade school.
Kriss Hogg doesn't have "extensive background in machining and manufacturing processes."
Kriss Hogg is the kind of liar that an economic depression destroys.

I see! Without CADf****CAM, you can't even machine now days? One can not call himself a machinist? Very nice going, retardo!
I wonder, who they sell all those manual machinery, like mills and lathes? Mental institutions? JS

For the prototype machining I do CADCAM is a must.

I go by my first name... Jon.

Stop looking at yourself in the mirror!

Second op's, really easy work, hobby related stuff.

You would know.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

For the prototype machining I do CADCAM is a must.

I go by my first name... Jon.

Stop looking at yourself in the mirror!

Second op's, really easy work, hobby related stuff.

You would know.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
Guess what! I do my programing through the controler on our mills and I don't do second ops, but making real parts! We're getting a CNC grinder soon, also.
JS

What kind of mill / control are you using at work?
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

What kind of mill / control are you using at work?
Centroid! I make experimental parts! Laser components! No production! JS
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Last I knew Centroid was a DOS based control with conversational programming and not the kind of thing one would want to use for say a complex contour.
On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 05:50:34 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

So you think he is doing a lot of contouring with his laser?
On Oct 7, 6:21am, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I think you're a worthless idiot who makes mistake after mistake after mistake and never learns from his mistakes. You prove this on a frequent basis.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA