Next year, 11% unimployment!!!!

If you have the skills the demand will still be there if you know how to market yourself.

If you're like Kriss Hogg (DrollTroll, Mr. PV.), can't use a CADCAM system and lie about your machining skills then you're in deep "s".

Here is an example of Kriss Hogg lying:

"Kristofer Hogg... has an extensive background in machining and manufacturing processes."

Kriss Hogg has never held a job in a machine shop.

Kriss Hogg has never gone to trade school.

Kriss Hogg doesn't have "extensive background in machining and manufacturing processes."

Kriss Hogg is the kind of liar that an economic depression destroys.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

o.k.

Reply to
ah

I see! Without CADf****CAM, you can't even machine now days? One can not call himself a machinist? Very nice going, retardo!

I wonder, who they sell all those manual machinery, like mills and lathes? Mental institutions? JS

Reply to
Protagonist

For the prototype machining I do CADCAM is a must.

I go by my first name... Jon.

Stop looking at yourself in the mirror!

Second op's, really easy work, hobby related stuff.

You would know.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

For the prototype machining I do CADCAM is a must.

I go by my first name... Jon.

Stop looking at yourself in the mirror!

Second op's, really easy work, hobby related stuff.

You would know.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Guess what! I do my programing through the controler on our mills and I don't do second ops, but making real parts! We're getting a CNC grinder soon, also.

JS

Reply to
Protagonist

What kind of mill / control are you using at work?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

What kind of mill / control are you using at work?

Centroid! I make experimental parts! Laser components! No production! JS

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
Protagonist

One thing is f'sure, you are depression-proof, as

  1. you have no assets to depress (and are therefore 100% judgement-proof)
2 You can push a hot dog cart faster *up*hill than.... faster than..... lessee, oh, I got it, faster than Whitney Houston can chase Bobby Brown after breaking her crack pipe, *down*hill.

For all that off-the-books income you love so much.

Reply to
DrollTroll

If you have the skills the demand will still be there if you know how to market yourself.

If you're like Kriss Hogg (DrollTroll, Mr. PV.), can't use a CADCAM system and lie about your machining skills then you're in deep "s".

Here is an example of Kriss Hogg lying:

"Kristofer Hogg... has an extensive background in machining and manufacturing processes."

Kriss Hogg has never held a job in a machine shop.

Kriss Hogg has never gone to trade school.

Kriss Hogg doesn't have "extensive background in machining and manufacturing processes."

Kriss Hogg is the kind of liar that an economic depression destroys.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Last I knew Centroid was a DOS based control with conversational programming and not the kind of thing one would want to use for say a complex contour.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

So you think he is doing a lot of contouring with his laser?

Reply to
brewertr

I think you're a worthless idiot who makes mistake after mistake after mistake and never learns from his mistakes. You prove this on a frequent basis.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Please translate from Banquerbabble to English, do you think he is doing a lot of contouring with his laser?

Reply to
brewertr

Last I knew Centroid was a DOS based control with conversational programming and not the kind of thing one would want to use for say a complex contour.

You right! It's DOS based, but we don't do 3D stuff. Although, lately I've been making lot of polishing molds, simple spherical shapes with different radiuses! Most important thing, getting $38/hr+ benefits! JS

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Protagonist

Are you cutting contours?

If the contour your cutting is even mildly complex you're far better off with a CADCAM system than with event driven conversational programing like a Centroid offers because it's faster.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Well, there are some that I think intentionally election timed the bank failures. Chuck Schumer for one. The mass media will eventually tell us the story AFTER the election.

Wes

Reply to
clutch