Testing the waters again...

I currently make multiple spindle head units for just about any machine to drill very small holes all the way up to 20mm (.0.787") holes. The largest are ER32 chuck equipped...

I'm seriously considering releasing some heavier duty heads that are in the ER40 (1.024") or even ER50 (1.313") styles...

I think I have a pretty good feel of what people want... Even customers drilling 1/2" holes will sometimes prefer ER32 over ER20 simply because they want durable and the fact that a downtime often costs them more than a head...

So my question... Any thoughts from the "wild" on whether ER40 or ER50 are justified for the American or European market where I most often sell?

As an aside, the ER32 seem to be sold for direct motor mount operations more often than for a drill press or milling machine. Probably because there are not many drill press or milling machines out there with enough HP to run multiple 3/4" holes at the same time... I'm guessing the ER40/50 design will be primarily for 5HP and up motor mount operations with linear slides, etc... That's where *I* see them being useful but I want to know what some of you think.

As a second aside, and I don't mean this as a solicitation, but if someone had a need for one, I'll give them a seriously discounted head so that the first one I design in ER40/50 is beta tested on them... Seriously discounted = below my cost.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
V8013-R

** Posted from

**