SW 2008 Recommended reading...

Hi All,
I am new to solidworks and a previous inventor user for many years. Our company has declined training at this time so I am looking for
some recommended reading. I would like to get suggestions first rather than just plop down a couple hundred bucks for books at random.
-Mark

Mark,
I'll second the recommendation for Matt Lombard's "SolidWorks Bible". I like to follow this group and the SolidWorks Forum on their web site. There are other groups that are also good. With any luck some of the people who like them will pipe in.
I like the short tips I've seen from SolidProfessor. As I recall, the basic course from them on DVD is $250 or so. Maybe you can get your boss to spring for that. Personally I would be very nervous about a place that didn't want to send you to class.
Jerry Steiger
" Personally I would be very nervous about a place that didn't want to send you to class."

When I bought SW 10 years ago the VAR told me that they didn't want to take one of their classes. Evidently I was asking too many questions that they could not answer and they didn't want me doing that in front of other customers. They told me I was too advanced and would be wasting my money. Needless to say, I had a rocky launch, but finally got things figured out.
jk
While the VAR might have been intimidated attending the training gets you the training manual(s) which are generally quite good and contain information not in help.
TOP

All the SolidWorks VAR training manuals are available on E-Bay. No reason to take over-priced VAR training just to get the official SolidWorks training manuals.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com/

Nope. Wrong yet again.
--
Cliff

All the SolidWorks VAR training manuals are available on E-Bay. No reason to take over-priced VAR training just to get the official SolidWorks training manuals.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com/

But you might be able to stuff your briefcase with cold pizza and fall down a flight of stairs at a *real* SW event?