Shop Health Insurance

To All:

Has the rate your shop pays for employee medical insurance risen recently?

Our carrier (Pacific Care) raised it's rates by something like 29%.

Reply to
BottleBob

Don't think this applies to us we're self-insured.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

HealthNet here. PPO. They went up about 17%. Like BD I chose the higher deductible/out-of-pocket to keep the monthly rate down. I LOATH HMO "primary care" plans. My last time with that setup (over ten years ago) was a "primary care" doctor who prescribed skin cream for my obvious Basil Cell skin cancer. He insisted the insurance company wanted him to try it first.

I know we all hear this but... the cheapest insurance includes diet and exercise (I know it sounds soooo simple). Then again, I offset my good health with trips to the Kern for whitewater kayaking and mountain biking.

-- Bill

** Posted from
**
Reply to
kinzie

Bill:

Skin cancer? Yikes! Too much sun from all that kayaking and mountain biking? Good thing all my years of street racing was mostly done at night.

Reply to
BottleBob

It's been going up steadily for the last couple years.. We have to keep getting new plans every year just to keep the cost down. I know last year we had to switch from United Health because they raised the rates by ~30%.

All I know is something has got to change, or in the near future no one (except for the 1% of the ppl that own 50% of the money in the world) will be able to afford to go to the doctor :/

Reply to
tnik

Yup, our rates went up by 30%. But my employer still pays the bill 100%. I don't pay a penny for our insurance... :)

Reply to
Steve Mackay

Basil Cell is one of the lesser brands of it. Except in rare untreated cases it just spreads creating a disfigurement when removed. Mine have been small but for one on my nose and one next to my ear which were fixed with some excellent stitch work. It tends to manifest itself 20-30 years after the fact. I was an avid surfer in my teens and twenties.

Btw, There's still work being done on the effects of nitrous and the brain...

-- Bill

** Posted from
**
Reply to