Coil activation current for 30 HP contactor

Hello, I am working with some Cerus CRC-40 amp reversing motor contactors, and I am trying to determine what the coil draws when
pulled in. I have searched the data sheet a couple of times and I can't find any mention of it. First of all, does anyone have a ballpark estimate of activation current for a 40 amp contactor, using 120VAC as the activation source? Thanks. Also, does anyone know of a place to find such information?
thanks, andy
Andrew wrote:

Their phone is 1-800-962-3787. There's a common coil for the CRC-9, -12, -18, -22, -32, and -40. At a guess, I'd say no more than 5 watts. You need to know the coil voltage: it should be marked.
Jerry
Andrew wrote:

If it's not in the datasheet I would write to the manufacturer. You could also measure it with a current sense resistor and a digital scope but that carries the risk that they change its design some day and then the start-up current may change.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com

If you're looking for inrush data, then IME, vendors of this sort of gear may not have much information available, particularly if you're after more than 'peak transient' value. You may be lucky, but have you considered obtaining (they can easily be hired) a transient recorder, and making some measurements? I've done this in the past with other types of device where the manufacturere couldn't tell me what the inrush characteristics were, every time was informative, and fun.