Industrial LED Lamps - multicoloured available?

I'm wondering anyone is aware of a source for Multi-coloured Industrial LED lamps? It seems that LEDs are replacing incandescent lamps in many applications, and I have an application where use of a colourless lens and multiple LED colours to indicate (mutually-exclusive) states would be useful.

Thanks in advance, R. Main.

Reply to
RM

They're available from a LOT of companies. Many of the sources have standard socket configurations for multicolor LED arrays. I think if you did a web search simply for "LED" you'd run across some of 'em pretty quick. Finding "standard" (mechanically, anyway) sockets that would support turning on just one color at a time might be a little harder, but I don't doubt they exist. Geez, just look around. If you still have trouble then reply again.

Mark 'Sporky' Stapleton Watermark Design, LLC

Sporkman

Also, as someone else pointed out in another newsgroup, multicolor individual LEDs are available where when one uses DC with one polarity the color is red, when the polarity is reversed the color is green, and when AC is used the color is amber. One LED may not be enough to illuminate things as you want, but several of them wired in parallel should do the trick . . . maybe.

'Sporky'

Reply to
Sporkman

Not sure about multicolored, they seem to have quite a variety.

Reply to
dummy

Thanks for the response. The truth is I _have_ looked around, and not found what I seek (that's why I posted the query). To be clear(er), the ideal candidate would be able to mechanically replace a

22mm or 30mm industrial pilot lamp, currently driven by a 24VDC output from a PLC. If a bayonet LED lamp was available with bi-colour LEDs (the ones you refer to above), I could wire the lamps between two PLC outputs, and drive one high and one low for one colour (red), the reverse for green, and cycle between the two for amber. If it comes down to it, and nothing is available, I may yet look at rolling my own.

A post below refers to

(thanks, snipped-for-privacy@home.com) - a site I had looked at earlier, and they do have LED lamps for suitable industrial pilot lights - available in any _single_ colour you want. This seems to be true of all other manufacturers I've located. There are multi-coloured arrays (composed of single colour LEDs), but not suitable for industrial use, or at least not without significant re-tooling of existing control panels, which are already laid out for round industrial pilot lights.

Thanks, R. Main.

Reply to
RM

Since readily available multiple-color Industrial LED lamps haven't appeared, you might consider using a small display instead, like what NKK offers.

Reply to
Sean

Thanks for the input, Sean. I'm not certain of the type of display you are suggesting. The possibility of moving to a small AB Panelview display has already been suggested, and is under consideration. However the (large) difference in price mandated investigation of other (cheaper) solutions. Altering existing display lamps is quick, cheap and could provide sufficient additional indication. Of course a decent LCD display has other significant benefits - which is the reason this route has not been entirely cast aside.

applications,

Reply to
RM

Look at products by Marl

Dialight and Chicago Miniature I believe I saw something like what you were lokking for there

RM wrote:

Reply to
Jim Whiting

Thanks, Jim.

I found "Bi-colour" and "Tri-colour" panel-mount LEDs here:

don't really get this, because these LEDs are typically implemented as a red and a green LED on a single substrate - the third colour (amber) is created by alternately strobing the red and green LEDs - so in theory, their "bi-colour" LEDs _are_ "Tri-colour" LEDs (?)). However, what I'm looking for is something more like the

215,216,217,218,225,231,or 234 series on this page:
bulb-replacements would drop right into the existing lamp holders. If I could find a "Tri-colour" filament replacement lamp and fit a colourless translucent lens to the lamp holder, I'd be in business.

Cheers, R. Main.

Reply to
RM