Level sensor query

Well, I assume the transducer is designed for this hazardous environment.
To convert from meters H2O to another fluid, simply divide the reading by the specific gravity of the fluid. Since diesel is less dense than water, a full tank will not exert as much pressure on the transducer and the signal will indicate a height less than 1.83 meters. But when you take the transducer reading and divide it by the specific gravity of diesel fuel, you correct for this density difference.
daestrom

Thanks for the info guys, but I never said the tank was non-linear. The tank level is linear, and the answer I was seeking was given in an early reply.