Model Matching Problem

Hi,
I am trying to solve the following model matching problem:
Let T and M be given transfer matrices. The dimension of T and
M are 4 by 4 and 4 by 1 respectively. Find a stable and proper transfer matrix Q (with dimension 4 by 1) such that the H-infinity norm of TQ-M is minimized.
Note: let (A,B,C,D) be the state space realization of T and D is not full rank; therefore T cannot be factorized as the inner and outer parts.
Anyone has a good idea about solving this problem? Thank you!
tshsiao wrote:

Is this homework? If not, what context does it arise in? Can you give more detail?
Jerry

It's a research problem coming from fault detection and isolation. T is the so-called residual generator. I want to design a filter Q such that the cascade system TQ is close to a desired model M.
Jerry Avins wrote:

It's a research problem coming from fault detection and isolation. T is the so-called residual generator. I want to design a filter Q such that the cascade system TQ is close to a desired model M.
Jerry Avins wrote:

Site Timeline