Motor Phase Output

J3 - Motor Phase Output

1 SHIELD or Earth Ground 2 U Motor Phase Output 3 V Motor Phase Output 4 W Motor Phase Output

Does this means that the motor I buy has to be AC motor? and it has to be 3 phase type? I am interested in something lower voltage like a 24V DC servo motor. This motor would just have the Red/Black (+/-) pair of wire to power it. So to sum it up would this driver work with such a motor?

Pinouts

J1 - Power Supply Input

1 +VDC input

2 SHIELD or Earth Ground

3 -VDC input

J3 - Motor Phase Output

1 SHIELD or Earth Ground

2 U Motor Phase Output

3 V Motor Phase Output

4 W Motor Phase Output

J4 - RS232 Comm. Port

2 TxD Output

3 RxD Input

5 GND

9 +5VDC Output*

All other pins = not connected

J5 - RS485 Comm. Port

1 RS-485 A

2 RS-485 B

3 GND

J8 - Motor Halls Hall System (standard)

1 +5VDC Output*

2 Hall 1, Input

3 Hall 2, Input

4 Hall 3, Input

5 GND, Common Return

6 Shield or Earth Ground

Note: Pins 2, 3, and 4 have 1 K Ohm

pull-ups to 5 VDC*

J9 - Digital and Analog I/O

1 Direction, input

2 Pulse, input

3 Do not connect

4 Enable / Reset

5 Do not connect

6 Do not connect

7 Run / Stop

8 Do not connect

9 Do not connect

10 +COM (input, common-anode ref.

point for opto-isolated I/O)

11 Do not connect

12 +5VDC (output, ref. to GND)*

13 Status, Output

14 Do not connect

15 #Ready (Output, follows Green LED)

16 #Error (Output, follows Red LED)

17 GND

18 Operation mode

19 AGND (Analog ground)

20 Operation mode

21 +REF, Analog input

22 -REF, Analog input

23 GND

24 GND

25 Do not connect

26 Do not connect

J6 - Address

!RST

1

2

4

8

J7 - Incremental Encoder

(diff'tll RS-422)

1 GND

2 +5VDC Output*

3 GND

4 +5 VDC Output*

5 !A, Input

6 A Input

7 !B Input

8 B Input

9 !Z Input

10 Z Input

Reply to
Orc General

That set of I/O is for a hall-effect commutated DC brushless motor. It is possible that the drive can ignore most of it and just use a pair of outputs to drive a "regular" DC motor -- but you will need to do careful digging in the documentation to verify that.

Reply to
Tim Wescott