PID temperatur controller for home brewery

Hi, I'm looking for information on how to build a circuit to control water temp in a heating chamber which will be circulating basically water through it. The chamber will be a 1.5" pipe with the element extending most of its length, fluid entering one end and exiting the other. I've found a lot of info on PIDs and studied them in school but wonder if anyone's done this with say a PIC chip or a laptop. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
jeff johnson

Jeff,

Many times. Search the web. There are probably tens of millions of PID loops in service at this moment. They are implemented using pneumatic, electronic, digital, PLC, DCS, PC, and other technologies I've never heard of. I've done several on an APPLE II+ in 1982.

Walter.

Reply to
Walter Driedger