why draw the plot this way?

consider a system in its Fourier transform form:

1+j*w*T/ (1+j*w*T1) and its nonminimum phase counterpart: 1-j*w*T/ (1+j*w*T1) where 0
Reply to
workaholic

There's a bug in Matlab's Bode plotter?

Have you tried doing it manually? I.e. get the frequency response into a vector, then plot the vector's amplitude and phase vs. frequency?

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Although I haven't done it manually, I have a chart on the Modern Control Engineering, 3rd Edition, Ogata. The illustration on it is just what I stated in my last post. the nonminimum phase counterpart's phase may also begin in approximately 0 deg and end at -180 deg. I do not know why Matlab begin with 180.

Reply to
workaholic

is

(1-jwT)=3D> fourth quadrant =3D> 270 270-90

Reply to
cpbas

e is

Reply to