Can COPPER be tigged?

Hi, I'm starting a weathervane project that will be a gift for my Dad, and I'll need to join some thin (.040") sheet to a thicker edge (.062")
along a lengthy curved seam. I've tig welded a lot of thin steel, but never copper. I guess my question is whether tig welding copper is more difficult than steel or if I should just solder the seam together? I know that copper can also be brazed but I've never brazed anything before. If brazing is the answer, what equipment would I need? Does brazing require a lot of technique? The problem is I don't have a lot of scrap copper to waste figuring this out...
Thanks, --Max
Yes it can. Getting the amperage down low enough to keep from burning through the copper takes a pretty sophisticated tig machine, though. I used pure argon and just plain #12 copper wire for the filler rod. Seems like I was running at around 5 amps. You'd be better off asking this in sci.engr.joining.welding, I'd be interested in the responses, also. Good luck.
On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 09:20:33 -0800, Max Krippler

we used to make "backup boxes" out of copper with the tig.We usually just fused the edges together without filler wire. fyi: a backup box is to apply inert gas to the back side of a weld joint for atmosphere control.