Genie door opener modifications???

Hi people, I have an older genie bluemax 1/2hp door opener that I am using for a gate opener and it all works fine except in heavy winds.

On windy days when opening it thinks the windload on the gate is something obstructing the door and swaps to closing again. I have to wait until the wind gust drops and it opens fine.

Is there any way to adjust the obstruction load? Or better yet disable it?

Thanks in advance

DaveJ

Reply to
DaveJ

Hi;

I've installed doors and operators for many years. Try grease on the gate hinges this may lessen the friction causing the resistance, triggering the safety feature. There also may be a sensitivity adjustment. Take care,

-- andy

There is a nice site with north american gem stones and cool pics of local minerals at......

Andy Efremov