Gold Iridite finish for steel?

Hi Group I have some precision STEEL sheet metal parts that need to be made corrosion resistant. I have heard of a gold colored, conversion coating (non electroplated)
finish that I thought was called Iridite. I can't seem to find anything on the web. I found Alodyne but its for aluminum. Anyone know what this process is called? I would like to be able to set up a small line and do it myself if possible. Any help apprecaited.
RonL

corrosion
Google is your friend...
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=gold+Iridite
Phil Davis 247PalmBeachRE.com
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Iridite and alonide are one in the same. They are used on aluminum not steel.
checkout eastwood company website they may have what you are looking for
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Maybe you are thinking of cadmium (sp?) plating

corrosion
Yes Iridite and Alodine are trade names for basically the same conversion material. On steel parts you could use cadmium plating, ty 2. cl 2, yellow, this would give you corrosion protection and the "gold" color you desire.