Grinding Silver

Hello - I need a way to grind silver bullion into basically dust sized particles. I have manually taken a rasps, files and such and gotten
the desired results by hand. However, this takes forever and is a lot of time and work. I need a mechanical solution. What kind of grinding media, apparatus and such would work? I need to efficiently collect as much silver as possible. Any ideas? Thanks, I appreciate it.
I'd consider a vibration tank with ceramic shapes that chip and shave it off. Martin
On 12/3/2011 8:38 PM, Parlous wrote:

Parlous wrote:

preferably not with an abrasive grinding apparatus as you will end up with a mixture of silver and abrasive. you may be able to get away with some sort of embedded tungsten carbide wheel(or disc on an angle grinder :) )
Misundertood me - I said these use ceramics to cut with. Now that might shave itself - but there isn't grit to do it.
Best way would be then have a file attached to the bottom of a vibration sander - e.g. a new one. Have it in a holder and on - allow the silver to drop down on it - and be between barriers -file it down.
maybe it is a sharp screen...
Martin
On 12/4/2011 1:15 AM, F Murtz wrote:

On Sun, 04 Dec 2011 21:11:39 -0600, Martin Eastburn

How about a drum rasp (woodworking) on a drill press? That should shave it down without getting abrasive in the result.
Jim