Grinding Silver

Hello - I need a way to grind silver bullion into basically dust sized particles. I have manually taken a rasps, files and such and gotten the desired results by hand. However, this takes forever and is a lot of time and work. I need a mechanical solution. What kind of grinding media, apparatus and such would work? I need to efficiently collect as much silver as possible. Any ideas? Thanks, I appreciate it.

Reply to
Parlous

Martin Eastburn

preferably not with an abrasive grinding apparatus as you will end up with a mixture of silver and abrasive. you may be able to get away with some sort of embedded tungsten carbide wheel(or disc on an angle grinder :) )

Reply to
F Murtz

Misundertood me - I said these use ceramics to cut with. Now that might shave itself - but there isn't grit to do it.

Best way would be then have a file attached to the bottom of a vibration sander - e.g. a new one. Have it in a holder and on - allow the silver to drop down on it - and be between barriers -file it down.

maybe it is a sharp screen...

Mart> Parlous wrote:

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

How about a drum rasp (woodworking) on a drill press? That should shave it down without getting abrasive in the result.

Jim

Reply to
n427c