working with thick lead sheet, helpful advice needed

I am in the process of trying to make a 12"x12" leaded box composed of two 1/8" lead sheets, each 12"x48". The problem I'm having is trying to work
with the sheets. I already had the dimensions of the box and was trying to bend each part of the sheet in place, but this has proven extremely difficult. Lead is a lot more inflexible at this thickness than I thought it would be. Any advice? One option I've been trying to think of is a form that I could wrap and bang the lead around, but the form would have to be pretty dense I would think. Looking for the simplest solution here as I'm already stuck with the sheets and cannot return them (I would naturally have chosen 1/32" thickness and built up layers if I knew the difficulty I was going to have).
Thanks in advance, J. Dobbins

Is is 100% lead or is it a composite mixed with tin or another metal? You could try indirect heat from a propane torch to soften it up some prior to bending (or while bending), or cut each side to size and lead soldier the edges.
On 10/23/2009 1:31 PM, Jason Dobbins wrote:

Sheet Metal Brake - or box break