110V DC Relay

I am looking for a 110V DC operated relay with two normally closed contacts which are capable of interrupting 110V DC load at 10 Amps (resistive). I have looked high and low with no success,can anyone help.

Reply to
Ian Frame

Makes mercury displacement relays and their high voltage line includes

125vdc coils and an option for NC contacts.

For a normal relay you need a magnetic blow out option, these used to be available from Potter & Brumfield, now part of Tyco Electronics:

Kaszeta Photovoltaic Resources Int'l Tempe Arizona USA snipped-for-privacy@pvri-removethis.biz

Reply to
Bill Kaszeta / Photovoltaic Resources

I would be surprised if a mercury contact would be suitable for interrupting DC at this level. Carefully check specs before buying. I would stick with the magnetic blow out style contacts for DC.

Peter Dettmann

Reply to
Peter Dettmann

Good old RS have a single pole c/o 110V DC relay (341-5152)

- Could you perhaps use two of them? If so, it may give you a fairly cheap solution.

Of course the other solution is to use one of them, together with an auxiliary supply and a more usual coil voltage relay/contactor.

Or a 110VDC input opto-triac/solid state switch to control an auxiliary supply, etc.

From a maintainability POV, using a very common relay type to switch the main power has advantages - even if it does mean adding some extra complexity (by way of an auxiliary supply and additional low power relay) initially.

Reply to
Palindr☻me

OOPS .... Actually after eventually finding the ratings on

they do show relays easily capable of this for resistive loads. My mistake.

Peter Dettmann

Reply to
Peter Dettmann

Check the GE Rainbow Catalogue or similar for C-H or A-B. Look under DC motor control.

Reply to
Pablo

An Australian company has what you want the 10 amps is achieve with magnetic blow-out relays.

Dowsett

Reply to
john dowsett

Last time I looked for something like that I noticed Weidmuller had a DC relay in that current rating. When I ordered it though it was not in stock with a long delivery.

You might consider using an old trick which was used by manufacturers to give AC relays/contactors a DC rating. They wired a number of contacts (with the needed AC amp rating) in series to improve the ability to interrupt the DC current. 2 - 3 contacts are usually needed for each circuit depending on the inductance of the circuit.

A coil with that voltage should be a bit easier to get.

Harold Muller

Reply to
Harold Muller