About single phase alternator

What will happaned if we grounded one output wire of a single phase alternator? Can we get the previous 240 V ac ?

You don't say whether it is 120/240V (3 wire) or simply 240V. Without that information or knowledge of internal grounding in the generator-????
If you don't know what you are doing- don't do it.

remove the X to answer