Are standards important in this NG?

This NG is used to field many questions upon the subject of Electrical Engineering, upon its technicalities, and upon safety issues.

Do standards therefore matter?

Does it matter that someone says, "mHz" when they mean, "MHz"?

Does it matter that there are those that think and practice the use of the dB as a specific for voltage comparison when the dB is only ever defined for power comparison?

Does it matter that ignorance is engendered by using, "antennas" as the plural for, "antenna" when it is, "antennae" that is correct?

Does it matter that those "in the know" use handling practices that might be safe at 12V when they're using 230V (or 110V in the Third World)?

Does it matter at all?

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Stupid Boy.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

if it is all the same to you, and you dont know the difrences then be so kind and don't come back picabrain

"Airy R. Bean" schreef in bericht news:bu5qg6$dv31j$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-217727.news.uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
cuno

Grow up, OM.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Boy that OM insult really hurts, seriously, I'm still hurting from the last time you called me that...

A troll is a troll is a troll...

Reply to
repatch

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:02:41 -0000, "Airy R. Bean" Gave us:

Better than you. YOu are a retarded Usenet twit.

Reply to
DarkMatter

Standards do matter but it is best if those judging standards understand what they are talking about. You clearly don't.

I assume you are a 'jobs worth', think you know everything but don't and what you do know, you can't apply correctly.

OK, the guy typed m not M. Only people who don't make mistakes are the ones that make nothing. If you ever made anything you might have spotted how big a 4mHz crystal oscillator would be.

Chimera

Reply to
Chimera

It matters to pedants.

Reply to
ehsjr

And your childish outbursts qualify for trollism more than anything else.

If the retort of, "Grow up!" has been levelled at you before, perhaps it is high time that you paid heed to the exhortation?

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Stupid boy.

Grow up.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

It also matters to any reputable engineer, that we use the exact and correct terms to describe engineering and to express quantities thereto.

I guess it wouldn't matter to uppity technicians who live by folklore?

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

The word is differences not difrences !

Who's the picabrain now ?

;-))

hth

me

Reply to
me

Go back to the original post that started this rant. The OP did not capitalize a single letter in his post. It could be that his cap key function does not work - who knows?

The available facts in his post show that he was talking about mega, not milli Hertz. They do NOT show that he was talking about milli Hertz. It does not matter if he is "uppity" or not, if he is a technician or not, or if he lives by folklore or not. His meaning was clear despite the lack of capitalization.

A little tolerance in an imperfect world goes a long way.

Reply to
ehsjr

"Airy R. Bean" wrote in news:bu8h93$eebdp$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-217727.news.uni-berlin.de:

Reply to
Leigh

No, it does not matter. The point is to communicate and as long as the message is understood, mission is accomplished.

Sincerely,

Donald L. Phillips, Jr., P.E. Worthington Engineering, Inc.

145 Greenglade Avenue Worthington, OH 43085-2264

snipped-for-privacy@worthingtonNSengineering.com (remove NS to use the address)

614.937.0463 voice 208.975.1011 fax

Don Phillips

I do not know if I am reputable or not but it does not matter to me.

Sincerely,

Donald L. Phillips, Jr., P.E. Worthington Engineering, Inc.

145 Greenglade Avenue Worthington, OH 43085-2264

snipped-for-privacy@worthingtonNSengineering.com (remove NS to use the address)

614.937.0463 voice 208.975.1011 fax

Don Phillips

Don't forget liberal republican. I assume this means he comes back after last orders and buys everyone a pint. ;o)

This is starting to look like a bad re-run of uk.r.a. The contributors of this group have my sympathy.

Reply to
MattD..