Awesome timer-switch...

Of course, german. What is your equivalent in the States?

solved many of my customers' problems. For instance, timer controlled lightning in shops (at night) and at my holiday house, in Vori I installed an automatic watering system with this very timer and a 3/4" and a 1/2" solenoid water valves (and two plug-in relays).

Reply to
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

I've never seen anything quite like it here. Looks like a piece of industrial control gear, not like what you'd find in a residence.

Reply to
James Sweet

It's just a DIN rail mount like your average CB !!

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

It's a generic timer, you can use it for whatever you like. For the automatic watering system I had to improvise, because the summers are very hot here, and the lawn needs watering twice a day, and we don't go there for months, and I can't ask the neighbour to do the watering. The solenoid valves come up to 2 1/2" IIRC and they're italian.

Reply to
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
Ï "Rheilly Phoull" Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá news:zOudna2vEKm8o03XnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@westnet.com.au...

This reminds me of the old joke, in heaven the cooks are french, the lovers italian, the policemen english, the engineers german, and everything is run by the swiss. In hell the cooks are english, the lovers swiss, the policemen german, the engineers french, and everything is run bu the italians.

Reply to
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

Well whatever the case, I've never seen anything like it in the US.

By CB I assume you mean circuit breaker? That depends on the manufacture of the panel here, there are 3 or 4 different standards.

Reply to
James Sweet

Yeah, I'm talking Oz here :-) All our new stuff is mounted on din rail (domestic and small industrial).

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

: :? "James Sweet" ?????? ??? ?????? :news:hap9t7$msq$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org... :> Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote: :>> Of course, german. What is your equivalent in the States? :>>

> Has solved many of my customers' problems. For instance, timer controlled :>> lightning in shops (at night) and at my holiday house, in Vori I :>> installed an automatic watering system with this very timer and a 3/4" :>> and a 1/2" solenoid water valves (and two plug-in relays). :>>

:>>

:>

:>

:> I've never seen anything quite like it here. Looks like a piece of :> industrial control gear, not like what you'd find in a residence. :It's a generic timer, you can use it for whatever you like. For the :automatic watering system I had to improvise, because the summers are very :hot here, and the lawn needs watering twice a day, and we don't go there for :months, and I can't ask the neighbour to do the watering. The solenoid :valves come up to 2 1/2" IIRC and they're italian.

Such DIN rail mount timer/controllers are fairly common. Here's a data sheet for an Australian made unit

for operation from 12V - 48V dc and a range of common ac voltages from 24V - 240V.

For a dedicated application such as an irrigation controller I think it would be far cheaper and more practical to use something like one of the range of Irritrol units

Ross Herbert

? "Ross Herbert" ?????? ??? ?????? news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Indeed, they are. They're cheap, too. Mine cost 40 euros the single channel model, and 43 euros the dual channel, with invoice and wholesale discount.

?cat=PK410&scat=PK41005&prod=4078500182508&bls=0But it works only on a 9 V cell (needs a fresh one every year), the previous one we had needed servicing every winter, and it's embedded, sealed construction meaning I can't service it myself. And a 9V alkaline goes for

5-6 euros here, meaning that the system with the timer has covered its initial expense (and no service as for now, since 2004).The other one (the gardena) has been very reliable up tillnow, knock on wood.
Reply to
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios