Bad circuit breaker?

Hi All, I've got a problem with one circuit of my household electrical wiring that will intermittently open for a couple of seconds, killing the memory of my TV and other entertainment components. I've replaced the electrical outlets before and after it. Crawled around in the attic trying to find a junction box with a loose twist tie, but can find none on that one circuit breaker. So I thought maybe I just go ahead and replace that circuit breaker, that is if they ever act like that, not completely cocking off, so as to require manually switching it back on. Thank in Advance, Bill

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

you might consider just switching the wires to an equal value breaker. then see if the problem moves. it will save you the cost of a breaker if the problem doesn't move.

Reply to
TimPerry

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

from the picture, I would think about replacing the entire panel and all the breakers.

this may or may not fix your original problem but i believe it would be money well spent.

Reply to
TimPerry

Thanks, Bill

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

That is an old Zinsco panel and the co is long gone. You can however get aftermarket breakers for cheap at Orchard Supply Stores. Or we can supply them.

Reply to
MLR

And the reason they are gone??? They made crap breakers that had a nasty tendancy to catch fire!

As others said, replace the entire panel. You life or property is not worth the risk of waiting for the next one to fail on you.

Reply to
Bob Ferapples

Been replacing them for 23 years haven't seen a fire yet. The fires I've seen are usually from poor intallations & loose connections from people who should not be doing it.

MLR

Reply to
MLR

shows some Zinsco problems. Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

ZINSCO IS GARBAGE! SYLVANIA IS GARBAGE! COMMANDER IS GARBAGE!

maybe dangerous is a better word. get that panel out of your house

Reply to
matt

ANYTHING THAT IS REALLY OLD IS GARBAGE! THEY ARE ALL GARBAGE!

AEC Electric & Controls Michael R snipped-for-privacy@sbcgloremovethiscrapbal.net

Reply to
MLR