Motor overheating

Hi

Would anyone know why the motor on my Dyson vacuum cleaner is overheating. We have taken it apart & given it a good clean but to no avail.

Thanks

Reply to
Mike

Would anyone know why the motor on my Dyson vacuum cleaner is overheating. We have taken it apart & given it a good clean but to no avail.

Thanks

Mike, send it to a Dyson repair center.

Reply to
Brian

Are you sure you've cleaned or replaced all the filters? Check the instructions for your model. Because the filters in Dysons don't need cleaning or changing very often, people often don't remember to do them at all.

Some more details of the symptoms might be useful, e.g. What model is it? How do you know it's overheating? How long does it run before overheating? Is it running faster or slower than when it was working properly? Does the speed fluctuate or change as it warms up? Does it smell of burning?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

its worn up.

Reply to
sQuick

"electrical" in the newsgroup title doesn't make this the fix-it group. Try alt.home. repair or some such?

Reply to
Bill Shymanski

This is probably your brushs.

The motor type in vacuum cleaner is serial and that type have brushs to bring current to the armature (rotative center). With time, brushs become shorter then the contact is more loose and that make a lot of sparks and create overeating.

So take the spécifications motor on the nameplate and ask to a seller new brushs.

Good luck!

Steve

"Brian" a écrit dans le message de news: %Qwxg.2843$5H.2185@dukeread06...

Reply to