Batteries

Why bother posting a response if you cannot also bother to make it useful? The below answer is so vague as to be misleading.

A 12 V Nicad and a 12V Lead Acid can be charged in parallel?

Your remarks are dangerous; one is charged by current and the other by voltage.

I should give up while you are still beh> >Why bother posting a response if you cannot also bother to make

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 08:30:33 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

I said:

Then you spewed.

I didn't say that you said they were. READ IT, DIPSHIT.

I merely said they are NOIT required.

Don't get yer bloomers in a bunch, and get your head out of Keith's ass.

Reply to
DarkMatter

You are mistaken. The OP specifically said 2 lead acid 12v batteries.

Reply to
Floyd Davidson

You are mistaken. The OP specifically said 2 lead acid 12v batteries.

Reply to
Floyd Davidson

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 09:58:16 -0000, "Airy R. Bean" Gave us:

Never say "Thou fool." Lest you expose yourself as one.

You did.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:04:34 -0000, "Airy R. Bean" Gave us:

Yes, if the charging voltage is correct, and the current is correctly limited to the NiCad.

The reason a NiCad and a lead acid cannot be charged together would be charging rate.

A lead acid battery can handle surges, and fast charge rates. The NiCad has to be charged slowly to keep internal heating to a minimum acceptable value.

This means things would have to be constantly monitored, and fully charged units be removed at the appropriate times

No battery charging system can just be all balls constant voltage sources.

So, yeah, Mr. Extreme case retard, they CAN be if monitored, and current limited properly.

The scenario being discussed, however IS different.

YOU obviously didn't grasp much at all of the original post, boy.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 01:29:20 -0900, Floyd Davidson Gave us:

He is also incorrect about charging. I know you know these things... they are for the brit twit that doesn't know shit...

Both are charged "by voltage". To charge a battery, one MUST exceed the operating voltage of the battery. One just happens to be current limited, which is, in essence applying a voltage over that of the battery such that a specific current is maintained.

With a 12V lead acid, anything over around 12.5 or so volts will allow a charge gain, BUT up to around 14 is used, and the currents vary in that realm based on the Ri of the battery. It is merely a wider window for a more resilient battery.

Small batteries heat more when charged, and charge rate must be maintained and monitored more. They are STILL charged by a voltage that exceeds their voltage of operation. That makes them "voltage charged" devices as well. They just require a better, or smart even charging system. An EMF over the battery voltage is STILL the engine at work here.

Reply to
DarkMatter

Here is a quote directly from your post above....

You have repeated that several times....point made!!!... If you prefer the manual method...go for it! It really doen't matter to me what gets your batteries charged!!!

Reply to
Ross Mac

It is your post and your bumptious manner to which I replied below, and not the OP.

You've been caught out.

Silly Boy.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Your inability to follow the thread does not change the correctness of my comments.

Appropriate signature you have there.

Reply to
Floyd Davidson

That you have made a fool of yourself by jumping in with scornful comments that were applicable to yourself is not erased by your ongoing silly comments.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean