Broken Flat Screen Monitor

I have a 15" Envision flat screen monitor that has a picture for about 10- seconds during initial powering then dims to almost nothing afterwards.

I'm unfamilar with how flat screens work and not sure what voltages to measure.

Has anyone repaired these and/or have schematics?

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Steve

My guess: power supply to backlight is failing, but I don't know how to fix it. At this moment, I'm using a 17" CRT I adopted curbside to replace a 17" LCD that died just like yours did. That one was about two years old ... and replaced another 17" LCD that passed away at an early age of a different problem. I've had bad luck with this new tech. The old crt-type klunkers just live on and on!

Reply to
Roby