Charge gel cell with car charger?

Damn! I didn't know that Larkin and Jamie had joined up to provide a page of ignorance on Lead-Acid batteries >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

Stop lying.

The devices designed for 13.6 v typically will operate within a supply source voltage window.

12 volts is far too close to 13.6 for any device I can think of having a problem. I think you are making shit up.
Reply to
SoothSayer

dave

12.4 volts? The cells are 2.1 volts each when fully charged & sitting idle.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Ah Ha!

Oohhh! I'm impressed. You took a *real* FCC license exam. Did you pass?

So you know it all. Great!

Reply to
krw

The ham + CHEESE test! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I hate to burst your bubble but he's correct, a lot of mobile equipment do not work correctly at 12V. They need to be up to 13+ volts.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

** Kindly point this out in the pic I posted - smartarse.

The battery will simply blow apart if overcharged.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

You're an idiot. Those are the supply OUTPUT voltages, not the input requisite.

Which if you had any brains and took note, spans from 90 volts to 265 volts, which is also typical.

The 'typical" thing you missed is that DC fed devices ALSO operate within a RANGE of voltage sources.

sheesh.

Reply to
SoothSayer

I specifically stated that I did not. You may be a good engineer but you are a shitty reader.

Reply to
dave

Your photo only showed 3 sides of a six sided solid object. I do not have X-ray vision.

Reply to
dave

I can't help it if you can't make up your mind.

Reply to
krw

Discharged is a term of dubious interpretation.

However, consider the graphs in this document:

It's clear that if the battery is showing 12V with no load, then you're not going to be able to draw much more charge out of it before its voltage drops to a level where you must stop or risk damage to the battery.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else