DC Bus Supply for Chopper Drives

I have a really old GE Hy-AC drive system on an American Lathe. The system consists of a rectifying bridge arrangement charging capacitors on a 90VDC bus. Connected to this bus are some DC chopper drives controlling analog servomotors for the machine axes, and another chopper that dissipates excess charge buildup through some power resistors.

I have not had too much trouble locating a source for replacments for the chopper drives themselves, but I have not really found any good replacement for the front end, except at the component level: capacitors, diodes, etc.

Has anyone had experience locating a source for a DC bus charging/discharging converter? I even thought about using a regenerative DC drive and doing away with the resistors and braking chopper device, but I am hesitant how a DC drive designed for use with motors will react to a capacitive load. BTW, this system is fed by a

3.8kVA transformer = 42A @ 90V, but the drives can supposedly deliver up to a 100A punch if needed from the capacitor bank.
Reply to
gnoge

Loose Rectum?

Reply to
Feltch Pipe

Hyak drive spares are still quite easy to get here in the UK. regards,Mark.

Reply to
mark