diasy-chain surge protector with NON-surge protecting strip....consequences?

Hi,
I read that it is bad to daisy chain surge protectors - what about
plugging a surge protector (not a strip type, just a socket "cube")
into a NON-surge protected strip? Is that also a bad idea and if so
can someone actually explain why - does it negate the surge protection/
cause damage?
I have a normal cheap power strip and a small surge protected power
cube - I wondered if the cube would still help with surges even if not
directly plugged into the wall socket....
thanks!
Reply to
gavin
Can you post a reference to what you are talking about?
Sure, you can do that. Plugging it in that way doesn't create a problem, but you might want to re-think using one of those cheap cubes.
The cheap cube may be a bad idea. Forget surges - some of them look like fragile pieces of junk.
It doesn't matter if it is plugged into the wall receptacle or into a power strip, it will behave the same.
You may have an underlying assumption that one of those cheap cubes offers a lot of protection against surges. Perhaps against some surges they offer some protection - it migh even be sufficient to prevent damage - but to think you are well protected with one of them would be a mistake.
Ed
Reply to
ehsjr

Site Timeline