Fluorescents and migraines??

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 11:51:27 -0600, bud--

Well, both CFLs and linear fluorescent lamps that use high frequency electronic ballasts can and do have flicker if the DC storage capacitor is nor large enough to prevent 100 Hz or 120 Hz modulation of the internal DC link. I have measured the flicker on a few CFLs using electronic ballasts and plan to publish the data, but have yet not done so.
CFLs with integral electronic ballasts are much more likely to have flicker than linear or compact fluorescent lamps using separate ballasts due to the size and cost constraints of the ballast in integral CFLs.
--
Vic Roberts
http://www.RobertsResearchInc.com

I agree that in general they should have no sffect. If you had a lot of CFLs on shared neutrals, however, additional harmonic current in an undersized neutral might be a problem.
--
Benjamin D Miller, PE
www.bmillerengineering.com

The problem with that is that they get into cold water when on the toilet. Shrinkage deals with that but the transient is painful.
wishfully thinking :),

remove the X to answer
Don Kelly wrote:

Man, that water is cold.