I get a mild shock (more of a tingle) when I touch the metal part of a dishwasher, or various other "grounded" things in my house. It is noticeable if I am standing in bare feet on the tiled floor.
The house has some quite old wiring, including some old 3-phase sockets, as well as some (the majority) regular modern sockets - the only thing plugged into a 3-phase socket is the electric cooker. We are in France where lots of domestic appliances only have 2-pin plugs, although the dishwasher (for example) has a 3-pin plug. We are in a rural location, and I don't know the details of how the house is earthed.
I have read a little bit about floating ground but I don't really know much about this - could that be what's causing this. If anyone can suggest any further things I should check to determine whether I may have faulty / dangerous wiring, that would be great. Thanks, Simon.