Hookup Generator to Electrical Panel/Residential

Looking for instructions on proper method of getting power to the house from a generator when needed, power failure, storms, earthquakes (here in Socal). Intend on buying a 6000w gen.

Thank you Rick Meadows

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

Rick You will need an inlet plug to hook up the generator cord to and a transfer mechanism that prevents the generator and the public power from ever connecting to each other. If you tell me the brand and model of panel you have I may be able to identify a specific transfer interlock kit for that panel.

Reply to
Tom Horne, Electrician

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.