how much current can AWG wire handle

? "Peter Hucker" ?????? ??? ?????? news: snipped-for-privacy@fx62.mshome.net...

No, we don't. We usually say mm. Rough comparison: #10->10 mm^2 , 35 A fuse for main residence #12->6 mm^2, 25 A for stove #14->4 mm^2, 20 A water heater #16->2.5 mm^2, 16 Awashing machine, dishwasher #18->1.5 mm^2, 10 A lighting These figures are for one live conductor in a conduit inside the wall.

When I was in Rhodes (east Greece), we were camping with my 542nd mechanized infantry battalion, and there were lots of scorpions. We had brought a wooden bank with us, and at bed time I saw a sergeant laying to sleep on the bench. I asked, 'Is sir something wrong, I could help' he said just leave me alone. I learnt from his colleagues that he found a scorpion under his pillow (in his tent) and the "brave" sergeant decided to sleep on the bench. Soldiers wished to be bitten, so that they could get sick leave.

Reply to
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

Designers in the UK doing technical drawing often say "400 mils" to mean 400mm. Just in speach though, it is written as mm.

Reply to
Peter Hucker

Common speak in the workshop too.

Reply to