Looking for motor testing houses

Hello all. I'm looking to find companies in the United States that perform testing and evaluation on small brush-less DC motors. I'm talking about generating torque/speed curve profiles, dynamometer testing, winding resistance and inductance measurement, etc., not just "yeah Wally, it spins real purdy!" kind of testing. The motors I'm interested in testing are ~1/4HP or ~200 Watts and max unloaded RPM of ~10,000. So far searching on Google has only lead to a single reputable lead... I'd like to avoid having to get all the equipment myself since this is a one or two time testing and the equipment is too pricey to justify it. Thanks in advance!

-Will

Reply to
larkmore

no idea buddy,but dont wary i m your friend u can talkto me

Reply to
pari165

Sounds like a real specialty shop.

Is this for some sort of QA function? Or are you trying to find the motor parameters as the basis for some design/analysis work? If its the latter, can you get the data from the manufacturer? If not, your best bet might be to look for a cal-cert lab that deals with electromechanical transducers.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

It is for QA. Essentially we have an old motor vendor we're not too thrilled with and a new motor vendor we're feeling out. We want to take samples of each and compare/contrast them, but also check the real world numbers objectively. We know what the numbers *should* be, but we'd like to verify that's what the numbers actually *are*.

-Will

Reply to
larkmore

Couldn't you make up a dummy load of a generator connected to the output shaft of the motor, and then using a strobe and ammeter measure the current draw for various loads / speeds and do that for both motors to see if they draw comparable current for the same load and speed?

Reply to
hrhofmann