I'm looking for a shaper

First off, happy new year to all......

I live in the Chicago area, if anyone has a nice running small (8" or so) shaper they might be willing to sell, please fire me an email. I have been looking, but all I have seen is not near me ans shipping cost as much as the darn shaper. I'm looking for a "good to excellent condition" machine within a hundred or so miles (might go a bit further if needed)

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to contact me. Please send some photos and a ballpark price.

John

Reply to
CAMCOMPCO

John,

You might want to check Lost Creek Machine in Ottawa periodically or even email them and express your interest:

Also Pete Welszen (sp? - PKE in Libertyville) is a pretty good guy to deal with.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Henry

There's a 7 inch shaper for sale in Tonawanda on eBay right now with a buy it now price of $250.00. Search for metal shaper and you will see it below the girdels.

Reply to
Paul G. Shultz

Thanks guys, I called lostcreek and talked to the guy, nice guy...he is looking for one, will call me. Paul, I am looking into shipping charges on this...thanks for the heads-up :-)

John

Reply to
CAMCOMPCO

The folks at Lost Creek *are* pretty nice and will even deliver within a reasonable distance of Ottawa (IL).

Reply to
Mike Henry

Too bad you are not in California. Ive got access to a very nice 16" Gemco shaper you could get for a bit more than pocket change

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence, and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years . It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints, and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,

Reply to
Gunner