inductance equation for three phase chokes

Is the below formula is correct for designing 3 legged 3 ph inductors

L=(0.4x3.14xNsquaredxAcx10exp-8)/(lg+MPL/um)

Modified formula to accommodate fringing flux F and neglecting the term MPL/um

L=(0.4x3.14xNsquaredxAcxFx10exp-8)/lg

lg =gap length in cm Ac=stackxtongue in cm squared fringing flux F={1+lg/sqrootAc *ln(2G/lg)} and G is the winding length

How to calculate the the actual voltage across the inductor when you have harmonics?

Reply to
shefrahman

I expect that very few readers here know what you are talking about.

I expect there are many readers who could help out if you actually explained what a three phase choke is and what it is used for. Better grammatical writing wouldnot hurt either.

Bill

Reply to
Salmon Egg

Hello Bill

I meant three phase inductors in general,examples like used at the input of 6pulse or 12 rectifiers,constructed with three columns,functions as an impedance to the harmonics generated by the rectifiers,or 3 ph inductors used in series with capacitorss to create an LC filter, or any application which requires an inductor

shef

Reply to
shefrahman

I make my case wrt grammar.

Bill

Reply to
Salmon Egg

Hello Bill

Pardon my ignorance,but is the grammar in above messages is so poor that you are not able to make out what i am trying to say

Cheers Shef

Reply to
shefrahman

Yes! I am open to admitting that it may be my problem rather than yours--but I do not think so. I have no idea of what you mean.

Bill

Reply to
Salmon Egg