leaving conductor s exposed

i got a desk lamp from ebay like the one in the image link below. the bulb is held up by two adjustable telescopic rods, exactly the same type as you would find on the aerial of a FM radio. they are metal.

i saw the double insulated symbol on the bottom, which go me thinking. how did they get the wiring through these rods double insulated, they are pretty thin. then i examined the rods. they had joints in them. they werent even hollow! there was no wiring. they were the conductors.

a quick check with the meter gave 20V AC. thats how it was designed to light the bulb .

my question is can you have the double insulated symbol on a product with exposed 20V AC conductors?

if interested this is a description of a similar product , which shows the conductors are exposed by design: