Linesman's insulating gloves?

Regarding linesman's gloves, like the Salisbury brand:

I usually see these worn with an outer leather work glove.

I wonder how someone with large (ie. size 12) hands gets a work glove over the insulated ones. That would have to be some large glove. Are there over-sized work gloves purpose-made to fit an insulated glove?

Anybody using such a combination that can comment?

Thanks,

Reply to
John E.

Are there

Yes. Check the Salisbury web site and others. The protecting outer gloves are claimed to be shaped to fit over the insulating glove of the same size. So a size 12 leather glove would be quite a bit larger than an ordinary size 12 glove.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

I've seen them big enough for a gorilla. Seriously, they come in very large sizes at the right resource.

Reply to
Twayne

Yes. Often the insulating gloves will be offered as 'kits' that include the protective outer leather glove.

Reply to
operator jay

And

apparently isn't a very good source. Stocking only size 9 is ridiculous.

I'm not at work so I can't give you the brand, but my 500V glove "shells" are sized for the glove underneath.

Reply to
nobody >

Those are protective leather gloves made specifically for use with the insulated gloves. You must use them to prevent damage to the rubber gloves. Also, they are shorter than the rubber ones so they don't contact your skin, as they do not provide the dielectric insulation. They are available from the glove suppliers for every size of insulated glove. Don't use regular work gloves.

Ben Miller

Reply to
Ben Miller