meter/surge protector

Is there some kind of surge protector I can buy that tells me how many kWh I'm using?

Reply to
bob

You can look at your meter. It's not a "surge protector", but a "Kill-A-Watt" or "PowerAngel" will show the power (and energy) used by a given appliance. I haven't seen a 220V model, though.

krw

Yes.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I doubt surge protection and power metering would be combined in a single unit. Why would you want them combined?

Do you want to measure power for the whole building? (Can look at the utility meter as krw suggested.)

Or look at power use by plug-in equipment? (Can use Kill-A-Watt as krw suggested.)

-- bud--

Reply to
bud--

:

Thanks. Can't wait to try this.

Reply to
bob

BTW, you can probably find it cheaper than the link I gave.

Reply to
krw