Motor Control Question

We are interfacing a motor control panel to an existing motor controller in a bucket for a conveyer that carries coal. My question is: is there any standard that requires that the on and run lights be controlled from the control panel or can they remain part of motor controller? The control panel provides a 30 second buzzer then a 15 second shunt for the zero speed switch. The 120 volt control panel power is derived from the motor control transformer. The remote start stop stations are connected to the control panel and not the bucket. There are two sets of run and off lights at the bucket and at the start stop station.

Reply to
Gerald Newton

My biggest concern would be to make sure that the safety shutoff system (pull cords, e-stops, etc.) are tied directly to the appropriate motor starter to lock out the motor. It should not go through any PLC controls or anything!!!

Reply to
Zman

Provide an E stop, emergency directly to the coil of the starter.

Check with your safety guy.

I am not aware of anything concrete about what you ask. I will watch for the experts to let us know

Reply to
SQLit

Reply to
B J Conner