Multicore clamp meter

I want to measure current in 3c (L_N_E) cables. Conventional clamp meters are designed to go round single cores.

I've come across a 'muliticore clampmeter' from AVO, which looks like it should do the job. However, I can't see how it works (e.g. the CT is around both the supply and return conductor). Does anyone have any experience of these, how do they work and are they accurate?

Are there alternatives to the AVO type - which seem to be out of stock everywhere in the UK?

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve Jones