My Electric PC Dream

| On May 13, 2:58 pm, The Great Attractor
| |> Even a 4 bit light computer has the potential to be far faster than
|> anything we currently use. | | My dream PC is at least 32-bit.
I guess a 256-bit CPU architecture would comply with that dream.

A bolt of lightning has only 2,000,000 (or 2 *10^6) volts and its current can be up to 100,000 A (1*10^5) so, a lot more than one electron and is through air.How then, could you coerce your device to give one electron (per second?)if you have such a high voltage that would penetrate through any convenient thickness of air and, maybe, any known insulator?And you don't tell us, your charge is one electron, but the flux?For instance, the bolt of lightning has a power to the range of GW (see Back to the future)but that is only for a couple of ms, and the energy therein is a couple of kWh, just enought to let an 60 W bulb on for a few days....
-- Tzortzakakis Dimitrios major in electrical engineering mechanized infantry reservist dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr
On Mon, 14 May 2007 18:00:31 +0300, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios"

The SMALLEST lightning bolts average 6MV. Most are larger.
On Wed, 16 May 2007 02:39:56 -0700 The Great Attractor
| On Mon, 14 May 2007 18:00:31 +0300, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios"
| |>A bolt of lightning has only 2,000,000 (or 2 *10^6) |>volts | | | The SMALLEST lightning bolts average 6MV. Most are larger.
It depends on the length. Also, there is first the breakdown voltage, then there is the channel voltage drop (both depend on length, but the latter is much lower). Once the channel is well ionized, the voltage is a lot lower. That's the voltage used to multiply the current with to figure power.