NEC Requirements for receptacle placement minimums from inside wall corner?

Hello all,

I can't seem to find any information regarding placement minimums for receptacles relative to room corners. So my question is this: is there an NEC requirement regarding how close to a room corner (inside corner) a receptacle can be placed?

Could I, in theory, place the receptacle 1/2 inch from an inside wall corner? If there's no NEC requirement, is there a "best practices" standard for placement?

Thanks.

Reply to
richbl

Ignoring the theoretical 1/2 inch stuff. The NEC requirements translate to this practical way of thinging about it: Take a floor lamp with a 6' cord. Place it against any wall 2' or wider in the room. Without moving the lamp or using an extension cord, you must be able to plug it in without having the cord lie where you might walk on it - like the the cord crossing an opening such as a door way or fireplace, for example. The cord can go behind furniture, but furniture must not be on top of it.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr