Merry Christmas,

Hi All, wishing you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year from Sunny New Zealand! To Mark, I hope it rains on your Christmas.
Regards, Greg.P.
Greg Procter wrote:

So do I. The water restrictions have left my garden looking brown and parched.
I'd thank you for your kind wishes, only I know you're just being your usual passive-agressive, shithead self. I know your Christmas will be as miserable as you are.
Mark Newton wrote:

At least you're not in the midst of the bush fires then! My S-in-L in Melbourne has been commenting on the red sky in the evenings.

It was - all the nicest members of my extended family together from around the world, the weather was nice and the barbeque was very pleasant. Just the sort of "miserable" I always enjoy!
Sunny, dry, parched, must be nice. Here in the US of A it is wintertime and wet or cold and snowing!!!
Greg Procter wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote:

Some parts of Aussie are having major problems with bush fires raging out of control. Meanwhile here in NZ we are getting rather more rain than average but still lots of barbeque weather.

The same to you and yours Greg. And, to all the rest of the participants in this group.
Brian in somewhat warmer than usual Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Merry Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate this time of year) to all! Keep the coal in your tenders -- and out of your stockings! __________ Mark Mathu Whitefish Bay, Wis.
By the way, I was suprised at the results of the informal poll ("Will you be building a Christmas layout this year?") I had running; the results are here: http://htmlgear.tripod.com/poll/control.poll?u=gb_route&i &&a=vote
Nearly half of over 100 respondents said they are making a layout for the holiday. I grew up in a family that didn't have this tradition (or a tradition of model railroading, for that matter) -- I didn't realize how popular the tradition is.
In a few years the word Christmas will be outlawed replaced by 'noncelabratory occasion'.
Mark Mathu wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote:

Only in the USa - the rest of us have more sense (I hope ;-)

We could use that sense here, now it is even against the law to have a TREE in a public place such as an airport. Not a manger with baby Jesus, but a friggin TREE! Mind you the tree will be FAKE and made in China!
Greg Procter wrote:

I'm not sure that Jesus & God really cares where the Christmas tree is made... all are his people, regardless of birth.
On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 04:08:55 -0600, Mark Mathu wrote:

Blasphemer! How dare you have any false gods before the majesty of the Flying Spaghetti Monster!
--
Steve

And as Christianity is a minor religion on Earth, who cares?
It's all a fairy tale anyway.
-- Happy New Year to all.
Roger T.
On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 11:11:51 -0800, Roger T. wrote:

Gotta get one of those ribbon decals for my car:
"My God's Better Than Your God"
--
Steve

You would never do this in real life outside of the internet.
Steve Caple wrote:

On 28 Dec 2006 07:34:33 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote:

Well of course not. I don't believe in ANY body's god or goddess. Just poking fun at the ribbon idiocy - "my ribbon's better than your ribbon".
--
Steve

I married my goddess. {;^)
Salv

ribbon".
You married a fire engine? (obscure reference to a British civil defence fire engine.....) :) Val Beowulf
On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 21:31:25 GMT, Brian Smith wrote:

Me too! After a 40 day courtship, over 28 years ago.
Been there, done that, got the "She Who Must Be Obeyed" coffee mug.
--
Steve

Mark Mathu wrote:

The "Christmas Tree" is a pre-christian symbol. You can't hold Jesus responsible for it and I at least am unsure which God would take responsibility.
Regards, Greg.P.