Merry Christmas!

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!

So... what kit did Father Christmas bring you? I got an Airfix 1/48 Harrier GR3! Dunno where it came from, 'cos I haven't seen that kit in a number of years.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

And a merry Christmas to you too! Had the Academy 1/48 CH53 down the chimney this morning, along with the news that the Eduard exterior set is on its way from Hannants. All courtesy of the SWMBO. And that's the first time in years I've heard her utter "oh my God it's huge".

Reply to
flak monkey

Reply to
eyeball

flak monkey wrote

ROFL

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

At the moment, Santa has brought a blown transformer on the outside line and a stressed out chef in the kitchen. Gas oven with electric pilots - oh the joy. Apparently Santa will need not stop by the paper delivery guy's house this year. Third time in as many days he's skipped us. I keep telling myself peace on earth... peace on earth...

We open gifts a few hours from now after dinner. I'm not likely to get any model kits, but I do have a pretty good suspicion that I may soon be the new owner of a new 24-30pc bit set for my router - so I just might end up with some nifty wooden display bases yet. ;-)

WmB

Reply to
WmB

No kits this year for me.....but the bearded one did drop off a new 100mm macro lens, Manfrotto tripod and a set of studio strobes...so I guess I can't complain !......merry christmas to one and all !

Regards SiG

Reply to
SiG226

Last kit I got for Christmas was an HO scale Faller Bavarian Church with twin "onion domes." Sigh - that was 20 years ago.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

..very drole ..gotta ask...SWMBO ...???. can't get anything thats not very rude to fit...

Reply to
sturmgruppe

She Who Must Be Obeyed...for guys on a short leash... ;)

Reply to
eyeball

Not models but related:

Locomotives in Detail: Riddles Class 9F (Would have preferred Stanier Black 5 but gift-horse and all that...)

Coventry Transport 1884-1940 (Yep, not making it up, there *is* such a title)

Kim

Reply to
kim

The last model I got for Christmas was over 20 years ago...either a Spitfire Mk II (1/24 scale) or an ME-109E (1/24 scale)...boy those were the days!!! Nothing like ripping into a new kit on Christmas morning. Of course back then I was putting the decals on by New Years... Actually those took quite a bit longer to build, but a quick wrestling match between my dorm roommate and his friend brought them both down in a twinkling of an eye...boy did that hurt!

I hope you all had a great Christmas and finish the year strong!

Cheers!

Scherer

I'm the same way. Family and friends have long ago stopped giving me models because they think I have "too many" (ha...the heretics!) as it is. I usually treat myself to a "special" kit I've guiltily eyed the previous year.

Reply to
Kaliste Saloom

i've kept the stash hidden so family knows nothing. got three kits this year.

2 of them i wanted and the other was acceptable. best year ever for kits. got over $300 face in silver coins....also a great score.
Reply to
someone

Same here. The last one I remember gifting myself with was a Bv 138 that I mentioned to one of the elves at Squadron, along with my credit card number. I did get a surprise of sorts this year. I bought some old Marx figures from a fellow in New York, one of which was a 60mm steer. I thought I was buying one like I already had but the one that arrived was an older, harder-to-find type. Surprises still happen if you don't look for big ones. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller